Getting your Trinity Audio player ready... |
Fear not!
不要惧怕!
(Alexander Smellie, “The Secret Place” 1907)
(亚历山大·斯梅利,《密室》1907年)
I have many agitations and misgivings. But when heart and flesh faint and fail, my Lord has three whispers for me that banish fear and alarm.
我有许多不安和疑虑。但当我心灵和肉体疲惫衰败时,我的主有三句轻语,驱散我的恐惧和忧虑。
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you!” Isaiah 43:1
“不要惧怕,因我救赎了你!”以赛亚书43:1
My PAST brings me trouble . . .
我的过去给我带来困扰……
the sins I have committed,
我所犯的罪,
the duties I have neglected,
我所忽视的责任,
the guilt I am chargeable with,
我应承担的罪责,
the penalty I merit —
我应得的惩罚——
these make the retrospect of my days and years sad in the extreme.
这些使我回顾往日岁月时倍感悲伤。
I have wrecked my own life.
我毁了自己的人生。
I have injured others.
我伤害了他人。
I have sinned against God.
我得罪了上帝。
Sometimes I am overwhelmed by self-contempt.
有时我被自我厌恶淹没。
But there is redemption — there is forgiveness. God concerns Himself with the locust-eaten yesterday. He forgives it through the might of Christ’s Cross. He may transmute my very sins and errors and falls into means of grace — as nature can convert the battlefield that was strewn with the dead, into the greenest of pastures. He redeems me from my past!
但是有救赎——有宽恕。上帝关心那被蝗虫吞噬的昨日。祂通过基督十字架的大能赦免了它。祂能将我的罪过、错误和跌倒转化为恩典的途径——就如大自然能将遍布尸骸的战场转变为最翠绿的牧场。祂救赎我脱离过去!
“Fear not, for I am with you!” Isaiah 41:10
“不要惧怕,因为我与你同在!”以赛亚书41:10
My PRESENT stirs in me great disquietude.
当下的处境让我内心极其不安。
Apart from my Savior, I am still . . .
离开我的救主,我仍然是……
as weak as water before temptation,
在试探面前如水般软弱,
an easy prey to the enemy,
成为敌人的易得之物,
the willing servant of sin.
甘心作罪的奴仆。
But then God remains with me, to preserve . . .
但神仍与我同在,为要保守……
my soul from death and
我的灵魂免于死亡,
my feet from falling and
我的脚步不至跌倒,
my eyes from tears.
我的眼目不再流泪。
By His providence, His Gospel, His Spirit — He sanctifies and makes me holy.
藉着祂的护理,祂的福音,祂的圣灵 — 祂使我成圣,使我圣洁。
I know not which to marvel at more: His suffering for me on the cruel Tree — or His long-suffering with me always.
我不知该更惊叹什么:祂在残酷十字架上为我受苦 — 还是祂对我永远的忍耐。
“Fear not, I will help you!” Isaiah 41:13
“不要惧怕,我必帮助你!”以赛亚书41:13
The FUTURE has its distresses.
未来充满忧虑。
Peering ahead, what do I see?
展望前方,我看到什么?
Many perplexities,
诸多困惑,
many trials and afflictions,
诸多试炼与苦难,
much weariness and struggle.
许多疲惫与挣扎。
But my Lord will go before me.
但我的主必在我前面引路。
As feeble as I am in myself, I shall be more than a conqueror over all the contingencies of the future, when the Lord helps and strengthens me.
虽然我本身如此软弱,但当主帮助和坚固我时,我必在未来的一切变数中得胜有余。
To His thrice-repeated “Fear not!”
对于祂三次重复的”不要惧怕!”
I reply, “I will not fear, for . . .
我回应说:”我必不惧怕,因为……
You have redeemed me,
你救赎了我,
You are with me, and
你与我同在,
You will help me!”
你必帮助我!”