跳至正文

10月13日的灵修文章

    Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

    Where shall we hide our blushing face?
    我们该把羞红的脸藏在哪里?

    by Octavius Winslow
    作者:奥克塔维厄斯·温斯洛

    (You will find it helpful to LISTEN to the Audio, as you READ the text below.)
    (在阅读以下文本时,聆听音频会对你有所帮助。)

    There is much indeed in ourselves of which we have reason truly to be ashamed, and to be filled with profound self-abhorrence. We have need to be ashamed . . .
    确实,我们自身有许多理由让我们感到真正羞愧,并充满深深的自我厌恶。我们需要为以下方面感到羞愧……

    of our unbelief
    我们的不信

    of our low thoughts of the Savior,
    我们对救主的卑微想法

    of our little love to God,
    我们对上帝微小的爱

    of our slow advance in the divine life,
    我们在属灵生活中缓慢的进步

    of our imperfect conformity to Christ,
    我们对基督不完全的顺服

    of the power of our indwelling sin,
    我们内心罪恶的力量

    of our slender spiritual attainments . . .
    我们微薄的属灵成就……

     in knowledge,
     在知识上
    
     in personal holiness,
     在个人圣洁上
    
     and in heavenly meekness.
     在属天的温柔上

    What shamefacedness should cover us, that we are so ready . . .
    我们应该多么羞愧,因为我们如此轻易地……

    to compromise,
    妥协

    to falter,
    动摇

    and to halt.
    停滞不前

    How deeply humbled should we be that there still exists in us:
    我们应该多么深深地谦卑,因为我们内心仍然存在:

    so much carnality,
    如此多的肉欲

    so much love of the world,
    如此多的世俗之爱
    
      and so much conformity to the world.
      以及如此多的随波逐流

    We have so little of the crucified spirit of a cross bearing Savior!
    我们对背负十字架的救主那种被钉十字架的精神如此匮乏!

    What cause of shame that, with all our profession . . .
    多么可耻啊,尽管我们有所宣称……

    the pulse of spiritual life beats in our souls so faintly,
    属灵生命的脉搏在我们灵魂中跳动得如此微弱

    the spirit of prayer breathes in us so feebly,
    祷告的灵在我们里面呼吸得如此微弱

    that we possess so little real, vital religion,
    我们拥有如此少的真实、活泼的信仰

    that we follow Christ at so great a distance!
    我们跟随基督的距离如此遥远!

    We should be so filled with self-abasement . . .
    我们应该如此充满自我贬低……

    that the fruits and graces of the Spirit in us are so sickly, drooping and dwarfed;
    因为圣灵在我们里面的果实和恩典如此病态、萎靡和矮小;

    that we have so limited a measure of faith, love and humility;
    因为我们的信心、爱心和谦卑如此有限;

    that we are so defective in our patience and meekness, wisdom and gentleness;
    因为我们在忍耐、温柔、智慧和温和方面如此欠缺;

    that, with all our blossom and foliage–there is so little real fruit to the glory of our Father.
    因为,尽管我们有所有的花朵和叶子——却很少有真正的果实来荣耀我们的天父。

    May we not, in view of all this, exclaim with Ezra, in his deep grief and humiliation for the sins of the people, “O my God, I am utterly ashamed; I blush to lift up my face to You. For our sins are piled higher than our heads, and our guilt has reached to the heavens!” Ezra 9:6
    鉴于这一切,我们岂不该像以斯拉那样,在为百姓的罪深感悲伤和羞辱时呼喊:”我的上帝啊,我甚是惭愧羞耻,不敢向你我的上帝仰面,因为我们的罪孽灭顶,我们的罪恶滔天。”(以斯拉记 9:6)

    Oh, where shall we fly? Where shall we hide our blushing face, but in the blood of atonement–sprinkled afresh with which, we may lift up our heads and not be ashamed!
    啊,我们该逃往何处?我们该把羞红的脸藏在哪里,除了赎罪的宝血之中——重新被洒上宝血,我们才能抬起头来而不感到羞愧!