Getting your Trinity Audio player ready... |
Lose yourself in the impenetrable tracts of His Glory!
在祂荣耀的不可测度之境中迷失自我!
(John MacDuff, “The Night Watches”)
(约翰·麦克杜夫,《夜间守望》)
“Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God!” Psalm 90:2
“诸山未曾生出,地与世界你未曾造成,从亘古到永远,你是神!”诗篇90:2
O my soul! Seek to fill yourself with thoughts of the Almighty. Lose yourself in the impenetrable tracts of His Glory!
噢,我的灵魂!当以全能者的思想充满自己。在祂荣耀的不可测度之境中迷失自我!
“Can you by searching find out God?”
“你能寻找就寻见神吗?”
Can the insect fathom the ocean?
昆虫能测度海洋吗?
Can the worm scale the skies?
蠕虫能攀登天际吗?
Can the finite comprehend the Infinite?
有限能理解无限吗?
Can the mortal grasp Immortality?
必死的能把握永生吗?
We can do no more than stand on the brink of the shoreless sea, and cry, “Oh the depth!”
我们只能站在无边海洋的边缘,呼喊:”深哉!”
“From everlasting to everlasting, You are God!”
“从亘古到永远,你是神!”
Shrouded in the great and amazing mystery of eternity,
被永恒伟大奇妙的奥秘所笼罩,
before one star revolved in its sphere,
在一颗星辰开始运行之前,
before one angel moved his wing — God was!
在一位天使展翅之前 — 神就存在!
His own infinite presence filling all space. All time, to Him, is but as the heaving of a breath — the beat of a pulse — the twinkling of an eye!
祂无限的同在充满所有空间。对祂而言,所有时间不过如一次呼吸—一次脉搏跳动—一眨眼的工夫!
He was as infinitely glorious when He inhabited the solitudes of immensity alone — as He is now with the songs of angel and archangel sounding in His ear!
当祂独自居住在浩瀚的孤寂中时,祂的荣耀与现今天使和天使长的诗歌回响在祂耳边时同样无限荣耀!
This is the Being to whom I can look up with sweetest confidence, and call “My Father!”
这就是我能以最甜蜜的信心仰望的那一位,我称祂为”我的父!”
This is the Infinite One, whom “the Heaven of Heavens cannot contain,” whom I call “My God!”
这就是那位”诸天的天不能容纳”的无限者,我称祂为”我的神!”
“This God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even until death!” Psalm 48:14
“这神永永远远为我们的神!祂必作我们引路的,直到死时!”诗篇48:14