Getting your Trinity Audio player ready... |
His infinite Majesty — His ineffable Tenderness
祂无限的威严 — 祂难以言表的温柔
(Alexander Smellie, “The Hour of Silence” 1899)
(亚历山大·斯梅利,《静默时刻》1899年)
“Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm . . . He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.” Isaiah 40:10-11
“是的,主神要以大能临到。祂必以大能的膀臂施行统治…祂必像牧人牧养自己的羊群,用膀臂抱起羊羔,把它们搂在怀中。祂必温柔地引导母羊和小羊。” 以赛亚书40:10-11
The all-powerful Sovereign Lord — is loving too. I cannot part with His infinite Majesty — and just as little can I lose sight of His ineffable Tenderness.
全能的主神 — 也是慈爱的。我不能离开祂无限的威严 — 同样也不能忽视祂难以言表的温柔。
Our omnipotent God has . . .
我们全能的神已经…
measured the waters in the hollow of His hand,
用掌心量度了诸水,
marked off the heavens with the breadth of His hand,
用手掌的广度划定了诸天,
held the dust of the earth in a basket, and
用筐盛住了地上的尘土,
weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance!
用天平称山岳,用秤称丘陵!
All nations are as nothing before Him! Thus . . .
万国在祂面前如同虚无!因此…
He can prevail against my fiercest temptations;
祂能胜过我最强烈的诱惑;
He can satisfy my profoundest needs;
祂能满足我最深切的需要;
He can deal with my foulest sins;
祂能处理我最污秽的罪;
He can put to flight my most persistent and remorseless enemies;
He can perfect that which concerns me.
I rejoice in His sovereign omnipotence!
祂能驱散我最顽固无情的敌人;
祂能完善与我有关的一切。
我为祂至高无上的全能而欢欣!
Ah, but also, “He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.” His graciousness is deeper, larger, more patient, more steadfast than a mother’s! Thus, His compassions will never fail me. Though I am poor and needy — yet He will think upon me. I am a bruised reed, a flickering candle — but He will not break my frail strength, nor quench my flickering light. I rejoice in His measureless love!
啊,但是,”祂必像牧人牧养自己的羊群。祂必用膀臂抱着羊羔,将它们搂在怀中。祂必温柔地引导带着小羊的母羊。”祂的恩典比母亲更深沉、更宽广、更有耐心、更坚定!因此,祂的怜悯永不止息。虽然我贫穷困乏——但祂仍眷顾我。我是压伤的芦苇,将残的灯火——但祂不折断我微弱的力量,也不熄灭我闪烁的光芒。我为祂无量的慈爱而欢欣!
“One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving!” Psalm 62:11-12
“神说了一次,我听见了两次:就是能力属乎神,慈爱也属乎主!”诗篇62:11-12
The Power without the Love, would crush me to the earth.
The Love without the Power, would fail when it sought to deliver me.
I crave both in harmony and union. And He gives me both.
His omnipotence prevails over my impotence; and His gentleness fastens my heart to His.
没有慈爱的能力,会将我压碎在地。
没有能力的慈爱,在寻求拯救我时会失败。
我渴望两者的和谐统一。而祂给了我两者。
祂的全能胜过我的无能;祂的温柔将我的心系于祂的心。