跳至正文

The best books最好的书籍

    Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

    The best books of men are soon exhausted–
    人类最好的书籍很快就会被读尽——

    they are cisterns, and not springing fountains.
    它们是蓄水池,而不是涌流的泉源。

    You enjoy them very much at the first acquaintance,
    你初次接触时非常喜欢,

    and you think you could hear them a hundred times over-
    你认为自己可以听上百遍——

    but you could not- you soon find them wearisome.
    但你做不到——你很快就会觉得厌倦。

    Very speedily a man eats too much honey:
    人很快就会吃腻了蜂蜜:

    even children at length are cloyed with sweets.
    就连孩子最终也会对甜食感到腻味。

    All human books grow stale after a time-
    所有人类的书籍过一段时间就会变得陈腐——

    but with the Word of God the desire to study it increases,
    但对于神的话语,研读的渴望却与日俱增,

    while the more you know of it the less you think you know.
    而你对它了解得越多,就越发觉得自己知之甚少。

    The Book grows upon you: as you dive into its depths
    这本书在你心中不断成长:当你深入其中,

    you have a fuller perception of the infinity which remains to be explored.
    你更清晰地感知到还有无限的内容有待探索。

    You are still sighing to enjoy more of that which it is your bliss to taste.
    你仍在渴慕更多地品尝那给你带来福乐的内容。